10 December 2007



These are the Solid Gold Dancers from the 80's. I watched their show a few times and wanted to dance just like them. They would dance to the top 10 songs that week in these really glittery "costumes" on tv and you would just watch them. Sometimes I would dance around my living room while it was on imagining I was one of them. I was telling Amanda and John (Amanda's husband) about my last post and neither of them knew who the Solid Gold Dancers were!! What?!? I couldn't believe it. Of course, it doesn't help that I was a little girl when they were on and Amanda is 6 years younger than me. But that is no excuse to not know who they are. I mean, come on...look at the 80's bad hair, the glitter, the spandex, the makeup....no wonder I thought they were awesome. So quick TV history lesson for those of you who do not remember or know who they were.

By the way, Julia FINALLY did it. She looked at the camera when I pulled it out and let me take a picture without looking away or me calling her name or making weird noises behind the camera to get her to look!!!!!!

See, no side view! Sure, she is in the middle of talking, but she did it!!! Sure, she only let me have one shot, but I got it! She let me do it and I am a happy aunt. Hopefully this will happen again and I won't end up with a lot more of this...

or this...

Both are cute pictures of a very cute little girl, but sometimes I would like a look into the camera by her.

No comments: