18 April 2008

Last night as I was photographing the ever changing sky I walked by once again the weed growing in front of our garage door. I have thought numerous times as I have walked by of bending down and plucking it. I have watched it start from a little tiny blade of a weed to a yellow pom pom and now to a white cloud. It has endured rain, living in a cement crack, tires and people walking by. As I looked at it I really, truly saw it for its beauty and it brought me a moment of joy. To us it is a weed that should be pulled and killed by the roots. However, it has survived and thrived and made the world a little more beautiful today. After all, it is gorgeous. How many things in this world live just to bring a little bit of beauty?
This morning I walked by my beautiful puff of cloud flower and all of the white cotton was gone leaving only a naked bulb. I hope that the tiny seedlings that have been whipped away by the storm are able to thrive and make some one else as happy as this one made me for a moment.

No comments: