18 June 2008


Yesterday morning Bryce decided he was thinking of making his debut 6 weeks early. Julia was also early when she was born. Not six weeks, but early anyway. Luckily, Bryce changed his mind after Amanda was admitted to the hospital and decided that maybe he did need some more time with his mom's support system. Luckily, they did not have to give her a lot of medication to stop his arrival. Just some H2O saline solution and a little morphine. So Amanda had to spend the night in the hospital and is now home this morning resting. However, Amanda is on complete bedrest. She cannot even empty the dishwasher. Just go down stairs in the morning, use the restroom throughout the day and occassionaly fix herself a sandwich. This is going to be VERY HARD for Amanda. She is a mover and a shaker. She wakes up with a To-Do List of 30+ things on her mind that she must get accomplished. So this is going to be difficult, but we will be pitching in to help however we can.

Julia and I went to visit her yesterday for quite a while and Julia was so well behaved. At 2 almost 3 it is HARD to be in a room for a long time. Luckily there was a play area in the hospital that she could escape to a few times. Overall she was INCREDIBLE. I am so proud of her because she is truly growing up so well!!!

It was difficult for me to be too playful with her yesterday because I fell and hurt myself pretty hard. One of the top 2 things my doctor said absolutely not to do and I did it. Of course it was an accident and unfortunately Julia fell with me because I was holding her hand....but it has been painful to say the least. Hopefully today the pain will begin to lessen. My doctor is on vacation now so I couldn't reach him yesterday to talk to him about it. I will just wait for when I see my neuro-surgeon.





Amanda and Julia cuddling at the hospital

The result of one of several tries to get an IV in Amanda...YIKES....painful!!!

No comments: