05 July 2009

First, Happy 4th of July. Thank you to all the past and present soldiers who have brought the freedoms into my life that I take for granted each day. Thank you.

Every July 3rd the building that my mom's company that she works for hosts a barbecue and then we all sit on the roof of the parking garage and watch the fireworks for the city she works in. We have always tried to get there early because in year's past they have allowed us to park on the roof and our family has tried to carve out a little area for ourselves with our cars. This year they didn't allow any parking on the roof, which frankly, ended up being safer for everyone. Kids scooter, skate and walk around and around up there so it is safer for all involved if you don't have cars weaving in and out at the same time. Anyways, this year it was SCORCHING HOT!!! I mean, fry an egg on us we are done hot. It felt like an oven up there. I had the *genius* idea of bringing some umbrellas this year to kind of give us a little shade. Well, others in my family got on to my *genius* idea and did the same. Soon we looked like umbrella city.
This is Amanda's, "I'm so hot, I'm cool" pose. Everybody else is hiding under umbrellas, but not the hotness that is Amanda. Notice Adam....this will come into play later.
Jenna looking cute!
Every year this celebration falls on mom's birthday. Happy 53rd birthday!!!! Amanda brought her the traditional squished cupcakes, a rose and a card. Happy birthday!!
Adam looked like this pretty much the whole time we were there. You see, he had just acquired a couple of hours before this the phone he has been dreaming about for awhile. The G1. His whole life has now been altered. I believe we will rarely ever see his face straight on. I will miss him.
Oh, wait....here he is! Yay!
My dad used a wet rag under his ball cap AND an umbrella in his quest to stay cool and not sunburned.
This is Julia getting doused with a little water to try to keep her cool.
Bryce and Prampa
Harry is fair skinned and I worried a lot about him sunburning. Luckily, he avoided that!
After it started getting cooler, we all started perking up a bit.
"The boys" who prefer to be known as "The MEN"
Our cousin, Phillip, came into town to visit us. We love him to pieces! He always makes us laugh with his silly sense of humor. He is one of the greatest guys I know. We had a blast at Jack-in-the-Box's drive thru at 1:30 in the morning. Try to make three separate orders in the same car sometime and see how much the people in the cars behind you like you! Heehee!!
Casey was with us, she knows what I am talking about. *snicker!*

1 comment:

thegilbreathfam said...

Freaking Hilarious....I laughed the entire time. Ps...hate my picture....but what-ev. Poor little bryce in Julia's hat turned inside out...oh well anything to save my babies from getting burned. Oh, and you worried about Harry, really? That's never happened before...lol. I rarely see Adam's face and he lives with me. Cuh-razy. haha ps I'd like to know what went on during that crazy jack in the box escapade.