02 November 2010

There are few things that bring out the bear in me. One is be a stupid driver while I have a child or someone I love in the car with me. Two is hurt anyone I care about in any way. All in all, that is about it.
You see these ^ people, including Lauren in her mom's belly. These five people and the rest of my family mean the world to me. So in my mind, these people are to be taken care and protected. At all costs. So when you are responsible for these three people:
Julia
Bryce
Lauren
I expect that you will take care of them and bring them back like you would expect me to when it comes to your own children or people you care about. However, this has not been the case for Ms. Julia's school. First, there was the hair cutting fiasco. Yes, Julia and another girl cut each other's hair. Whose idea it was, why, etc. is a mystery. What I do know is that these two girls had enough time unsupervised with scissors to chop off half of Julia's hair (basically a bob) and to cut the other girl's hair enough that she required an extremely short hair cut. They were in the classroom. With their teacher. And other students. And they had time to do that. Julia ended up with this new haircut:
Still gorgeous, but being forced to cut her hair is nobody's idea of a good time.
Second, I know that accidents happen. Kids will be kids. They run, jump, play, fall. However, when these accidents occur I expect that as responsible adults you will contact their parents. If you can't get a hold of them, I expect that you will contact me or another emergency contact. What I don't expect is that a FIVE year old gets into my car after school looking like this:
and then SHE must go on and tell me what happened to her face. What happened you ask? She was dancing in gym, which was the activity they were doing, and she fell. Face first on the hard floor. She busted her lips, bit her tongue and further damaged her front tooth. She's bruised, battered and in pain. She was sent to the nurse's office who gave her ice, a new shirt because her's was bloody, swished her mouth out with water and THEN sent her on to Music class. According to Julia the nurse never looked into her mouth. When Amanda called up there and ended up speaking with the nurse, she said she didn't think it was all that bad. Really? This isn't bad? You felt this wasn't bad and sent her on to her classes. All without calling her mom, her dad or me.
Because apparently, THIS ^ means nothing to them. Certainly isn't important enough to contact an adult in her life so that THEY can make a decision as to whether or not she needs medical or dental attention. So, today Julia will be seeing her dentist for an emergency check up. Why FOUR DAYS later you ask? Good question. Because it happened on a FRIDAY afternoon and we didn't get Julia home until 3, it was impossible to make an appointment until then. You see, had the school called, things could have happened. So Julia's mommy, Amanda, will be talking to the school. All I have to say is they are lucky they are getting only Amanda, because THIS aunt is angry. Now, Amanda is a bear. She is a very protective bear. She loves her cubs more than anything in the whole world. She will handle this. But they almost ended up with TWO very angry bears in their office today. Luckily for them, I have school.
Moral of the story: When a child that you have been entrusted with hurts themselves, gets hurt or at this point with the way I feel about this school, sneezes...CALL THEIR PARENTS or someone else in their lives. Ugh. Okay, I am off my soapbox for now.

No comments: