21 November 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I hope each of you get to spend time with family and friends this Thanksgiving! The top ten things I am thankful for:

1. My husband. He makes me laugh and being sealed for eternity to him brings me a sense of peace and security I have never had. He supports me and believes in me even when I don't. He works hard for us and our little family through trials that would make other people quit. He is the greatest man I know. We have gone through fire together and somehow always come out of it together.
2. My family. Coming from a large family means never being bored and always having a friend.
3. My sister. She is one of the greatest people I know and inspires me to try to be better. I am in amazement of her because she literally is Superwoman. A mother, wife, homemaker, breadwinner...the list goes on.
4. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I may be inactive right now but the influence and blessings it has brought to me and my family is immense. No matter what else I know, I know the gospel is true.
5. Our pets. Having Nick, Nicky, Abby, Casey and Rocky guarantees I am never bored or alone. They are funny, loving, loyal and crazy all in one. Each brings something unique to our family with their very distinct personalities.
6. Julia. Julia has been a blessing in my life everyday since she was born. Not having any of my own children is the constant single most painful part of my life. When she says, "I love you, Aunt Kim." or runs and gives me a hug or kisses when she sees me it literally melts my heart. There are millions of times I have been thankful for her in my life.
7. Good friends. New and old. Their are always benefits to having friends you have known for 10-20 years, but it is always fun to make new ones.
8. Coming back to Texas. Even though I will always miss Utah, Texas is home. "Everything is bigger and better in Texas."
9. My doctor. I know this is weird, but I was so blessed to find a great doctor. I am not even reaching on this. Sometimes you find a doctor who actually listens and cares about your whole well being.
10. Our home. We were lucky to find the house we are renting right now. After going through some of the trials that we have been through these last couple of years being here is a blessing that I try to never forget.



1 comment:

Travis and Jamie said...

Count your many blessings, name them one by one...
Great post. Sorry you aren't actively going to church right now. I know that things are rough for you lately, good to know though that your testimony is intact, you were always one of the strongest people I know. Can I be there for you in any way?? Just always know that I love ya.