08 June 2008



Well, I did it. I finally went and did it. In preparation for my upcoming surgery(ies) I went ahead and got my handicap permit. I have avoided this for YEARS. I have tried hard to continue walking whatever amount needed to and from the store, but due to present circumstances and what lies ahead in the future, I had to do it.

I am slowly preparing my life for the life changes that will temporarily be mine while I begin treating the causes of my symptoms. I have my medical leave for the gym so that I won't have to continue paying a monthly fee since I can't workout but also will not have to re-enroll with new membership fees once I choose to go back. I will be contacting a few experts in the matters of dwarfism tomorrow to begin my quest for second and third opinions about my diagnoses and what should be done to fix it. So I am finally facing some tough things head on and I am pretty proud of myself. It is super hard. Harder each time I begin to think about how exactly my life may change, but you just got to keep on keeping on.

1 comment:

Travis and Jamie said...

I haven't been checking in on you lately, what is going on??? Are you ok? How did you get hurt, what are the surgeries for...etc...
Fill me in, I am worried!