03 November 2009

Another Monday has come and gone. Another opporturnity to spend time with two of my most favorite people in the world. This week I bring you, "As Julia's World Turns":
Julia's latest thing is weddings. She is going to marry a Prince and become a Princess. Sometimes the pool of readily available little boys to play along in her story is limited so she resorts to putting Bryce in the role of the Prince. Whether he wants to or not. Always with a little bling.
Not a great angle, but Bryce is wearing some bling. Julia is a bling girl and everything around her must be shiny and pretty. Even, sometimes, her little brother. He is wearing stick on earrings on his ears. Poor Prince Bryce.
There is a whole wedding to which Julia tells Bryce, "To thee, I wed". The whole she-bang. Bryce stands there looking a little confused and then once Julia kisses him on his cheek and lets go of his hand he continues on playing whatever he was playing when he was pulled into her wedding.
I just laugh because this is how my brothers and sister and I played. I was forever "marrying" the wall at this age. I would put a towel or shirt on my head and "marry" a wall. Even give it a kiss. Now watching Julia it just reminds me of my childhood. It is so funny, too, because it is not as if she has been to any weddings or as if she has ever watched a lot of them. However, she has it down. You get dressed up, you marry your prince, you say, "I do" and you are married. Too cute!

No comments: