05 January 2010


This is what I made for dinner. YUMMY! My mom's beans and greens recipe with pasta.
I take about a tablespoon or two of chopped raw bacon, cook it making sure to leave the brown bits. Drain some cannellini beans, rinse them really well (you will have less gas if you rinse them than if you don't and that is a gift for you and everyone else), add it to the cooked bacon. Let it cook a minute or two. Next, I add a can of undrained, diced tomatoes and let it all cook together and get really hot. After that, I add a whole bunch of spinach. As much spinach as my pan can hold. Don't worry, it cooks way down. While I was cooking all of this I was preparing angel hair pasta. I cooked the pasta to barely al dente so that it still had a bite because I want it to finish cooking in the beans and greens so that it "takes on" the sauce. Also, it'll thicken the sauce too. After all of that, plate it and add the BEST part. A really, really good balsamic glaze that you either have bought and love or make it yourself by reducing down balsamic vinegar until it is as thick as maple syrup. Yummy!!!! Then, if you really want to be bad, add a little parmesean cheese on top. So good.

1 comment:

Conny said...

How funny that you call this my beans and greens because it is quite a bit different from my recipe. It sure looks good (and healthy) though!