09 December 2009

This past weekend Amanda, myself and the kids traveled to Texarkana to watch our younger cousin, Phillip, get married. It was so great to be able to watch him become a husband to a great girl. I was a little concerned at first that Krystle might be a little overwhelmed by our family. We had met her a few times in the past and she was quiet and shy. Then, we got the wedding invitations and I knew then that she will fit in just fine. Not many people can pull off a Christmas theme of red, brown, gold, cream and LEOPARD print wedding tastefully, but she did. Lest you think the leopard was just for her wedding, think again. There is leopard print touches throughout the home they have recently bought. The girl has a thing for leopard. Yet, she keeps it tasteful. Something I would definitely struggle with. You have to admire that!
Phillip waiting patiently for his bride. He was slightly rocking side to side on his heels trying to get a closer look and it was so sweet.
Krystle spending a few moments with her father before being given away to Phillip.
My uncle Sammy, aunt Linda and Nena watching the wedding. Linda and Sammy were the proud parents! Phillip is their baby of four boys, so I couldn't even imagine how it must have felt to watch your child get married.
And then this happened....Julia was a miniature bride. They had a maid of honor, bridesmaids, best man, groomsmen, flower girls and a miniature bride and miniature groom. The picture quality is horrible, it was low light, no flash, high ISO, so imagine...but the emotion is the same. She was beautiful and in those moments seeing her walk down the aisle and sit in her miniature version of Krystle's wedding gown...everything comes into focus. One day, Julia will walk down an aisle and marry the person she loves. She will be a grown-up and a wife. To say I cried a few tears would be the truth.
Doesn't this look like her and her bridesmaids? It was hard to see and yet so sweet and precious.
She truly looked like a little bride.
Even her veil was so realistic.
Bryce couldn't believe his eyes either!!! I think it is so funny when Amanda tries to act like she doesn't know I am taking a picture of her when she so knows I am! Anyway, Bryce had his most favorite new toy in the whole wide world. Amanda's Iphone. Bryce has always, always, always loved cell phones the way addicts love their drug, but when it comes to Amanda's Iphone the world stops. They should rename it baby crack. Julia loves to play games on it and knows how to order free games and everything. It's crazy. I used to see kids toting around their parents Iphones and think how can parents just hand their kids $200 phones to play with. But it works!!! Bryce will stop crying, he'll coo and talk happily if you just hand him the Iphone. Baby crack....
Okay, now back to the important stuff:
They're married!! Yay! What a beautiful couple.
Sweetness
I love, love, love the look on Krystle's face. She had found and married her prince! May they live happily ever after!

No comments: