13 March 2011


Being a sister and having a sister are pretty awesome blessings.  I have been incredibly blessed to be a big sister to four amazing individuals who made and still make me a better person.  I am also blessed to have them.  Lately I have been noticing that my sister’s and my similarities in adulthood are becoming more and more apparent.  We each often burst into song.  It is the way we are.  We are singing folk.  J  What really amazes me, though, is despite our age difference we end up singing the very song the other one is thinking.  So one of us will start singing and the other will join in.  It’s a lot of fun.  I look at Julia when she is with Bryce or Lauren and I see that sibling relationship developing.  That unbreakable bond that was formed in childhood for me and my siblings from fights, holidays, struggles and fun together.  The one where you are so alike it is amazing but you get on each other’s nerves when you are younger. 
I read once that the sibling relationship is the longest relationship you’ll have in your lifetime.  They know you better than anyone else.  They relate to you better than anyone.  They understand you better.  They are you and you are them.  At the time it sounded so very co-dependent to me so I tried to dismiss it.  Obviously, I didn’t completely forget because I have remembered it all these years later.  As I have aged I have figured out that your past, who you were, who you are and who you will be is safe with them.  There is no pretense because let’s face it these are the people who also remember the most embarrassing things about you and can recall them in detail in a moment’s notice. 
I am grateful for my brothers and my sister.  I am grateful that I have shared life with them.  I am grateful that my sister has blessed me with her babies and allows me to love them with all of my heart.  I am grateful that I get to watch as Julia, Bryce and Lauren develop their sibling relationships and love.   

CHRIS
     
AMANDA


ADAM
ME & BRYAN


No comments: