03 October 2008

Look at what I did!!! Okay, okay I want to take just a moment to brag. I know it isn't very ladylike but I am not that creative. I can copy what someone else is doing very well but coming up with it on my own is a little different. Anyways, I have stumbled across a blog I LOVE called The Shabby Nest (http://shabbynest.blogspot.com/) and she is so incredibly creative! Anyways, I had decided a couple of weeks ago that it was time to revamp our bedroom. I want new colors, new theme, the whole shebang. Not too girly, not too masculine. So I started with a little project:
Which was the begining of this:
Then I had this brown wicker basket that we used to use for incoming/outcoming mail but it became insufficient and I had just put it to the side thinking maybe one day I would come up with an idea to use it. Ding, ding! I spray painted it black, wrapped some ribbon around it and hung it beside the bed on my side. Now see how it looks and how useful it has become!




It can hold a few books I like to read or peruse and it can also hold my daily To Do list with a pen to add anything I remember when I awake in the morning. I am a To Do list fiend. I love them! I don't usually get to everything (though I have begun making more realistic ones lately) but I LOVE the feeling of checking or marking off something I have finished. LOVE IT!
Then I decided to continue adding to my seaglass, creme, black and silver decor for our room with another basically free makeover:
All of this is with scrap paper, scrap ribbon and a frame whose glass had broken when my neice was exploring. The letter monogram was free from another website (http://www.briarpress.org/cuts/browse?m=free) that I like a lot since I have recently become obsessed with black in decorating.
I also have begun decorating for fall despite living in Texas and not really experiencing a fall. I haven't really started using my Halloween decorations too much but I am starting to put out fall things here and there.
And because of the Shabby Nest I made this:
I filled a glass cookie jar with $1 pumpkins from Wal-Mart, a package of 50 silk leaves from Target for $1 and wrapped it with a $1 wreath from Wal-Mart. I am still debating about leaving the ribbon on it, but it looks great and very fall like on my hearth.

No comments: