21 April 2009


Mmmm...Yummy

This is only the very best snack in the whole wide world. If you have not discovered Balsamic Glaze I feel so very sorry for you. Yes, Balsamic Glaze. Not Balsamic Vinegar (which is also very yummy) but the ggggllllaaaazzzzeeee. It is thick, rich, super tangy and oh, so tasty! It is balsamic vinegar boiled down and boiled down until it is as thick as the thickest chocolate syrup. Some people even put it on their ice cream. A lot of people use it on meat and to add flavor to stews. I haven't tried it on ice cream, yet, but I have used it on strawberries (a little goes a long way, a very long way on them) but my absolute most favorite snack of all time is a ripe avocado with Balsamic Glaze. There are only 5 (yes, 5) calories per serving of Balsamic Glaze and ZERO grams of fat or sodium. Harry and I also use it in place of salad dressing on our salads. You can find it at places like Whole Foods, Sprouts and those type of stores. You are going to pay $14-$20 for a smallish bottle but it will last forever. I mean, we put it on or in a lot of stuff and it lasts us for months. Or you can make you own. You just get a balsamic vinegar that you really like and boil it down and boil it down and boil it down until it is like molasses. I am thinking you could also do this with other vinegars like a champagne or truffle one. Not sure, but might be worth the effort. Go out today, buy some and enjoy it! So yummy!!!!

No comments: