This past week Bryce has been sick with a fever and so Amanda's family has been "grounded" while Bryce has been recovering. Julia has gymnastics (referred by us as 'nastics) and Amanda asked if I could take her so Amanda could stay home with a sick Bryce. I said, "Of course!".
So away Julia and I went. Now, I normally have a short fuse with dangerous drivers when it is just me in the car but when I have one or both of the kids I get really annoyed. I mean, "hello be careful out there!". Anyways, before gymnastics this driver decides to pull out in front of us from nowhere. If myself and another driver beside me had not braked suddenly he would have been hit by both of us. I muttered, "Idiot!". Julia quickly corrected me, "Aunt Kim, we don't use that word!". She is famous for reminding all of us what words we are not allowed to use. I said, "You are right, Julia. I am sorry." and we went along on our merry way.
Gymnastics was good and we went to Jamba Juice for a treat for us and Amanda. Well, after we pulled out of Jamba Juice and were on the road this guy decides to hang a U-Turn right into my lane. I, of course, said, "Idiot". This time Julia was a little miffed at ME. She said, "Aunt Kim, we do NOT use that word. These are the words we can use: apple, cherry, mommy daddy, Bryce, Aunt Kim, Uncle Harry, baby...." on down the line. She basically recited a lot of words that she knew. Which is a lot. She is very verbal. I said, "I am sorry. You are right, honey.". Julia says, "Honey. Honey is a word we can use. You could say honey instead.".
So I guess now when I get angry at a driver I am going to need to begin referring to them as "honey". Maybe a little bit like "love thy enemy". Honey. I am now stuck calling them honey. She is such an awesome girl, but this might make me sound a little crazy!!! However, she is right we are not allowed to use that word.
1 comment:
Hilarious. Love my baby girl. she does love to tell people "we do not say that word." she is a very good helper with that and never misses when these "not nice words" are used. yikes.
Post a Comment